The Diversity and Affirmative Action Committee develops policies related to campus diversity; responds to campus issues on affirmative action that may arise; monitors the performance of the campus in meeting affirmative action goals; confers with the campus affirmative action officer and the office of academic support and diversity on policy and performance issues; prepares an annual report to the BFC.
2019 - 2020 Members
Selene Carter, Theatre, Drama and Contemporary Dance (Co-chair)
Michael Morrone, Business (Co-chair -- Fall)
Frank Diaz, Music (Co-chair – Spring)
Maiya Cook, IU Student Government
Antonia Scleicher, SGIS
Mary Waldron, Education
Chuck Peters, Music Library
Dionne Danns, Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusion (ex officio)
John Nieto-Phillips, Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusion (ex officio)
Currently under construction
- Proposing to change the name of the committee to Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee (Scheduled for first reading at BFC Meeting of February 18)
- Working on establishing the IU Equity Summit.
- Continuing to identify ways to support and implement the DUS Shared Goals Requirement.
- Developing a faculty diversity training outreach project involving applied theater.
- Investigating how diversity activities are reported and tracked in the DMAI
- Developed a Diversity Award for Faculty and are now procuring funding and institutional support
- Advised on the Preferred Name policy
|Tuesday, January 28, 2020||3:30 - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, February 25, 2020||3:30 - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, March 24, 2020||3:30 - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, April 28||3:30 - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, September 10, 2019||1:00 - 2:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, October 8, ||1:00 - 2:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, November 12, ||1:00 - 2:30 p.m|
|Tuesday, December 10, ||1:00 - 2:00 p.m.|