The Research Affairs Committee was initiated in 2002 - 2003 to develop campus policies pertaining to research, and to work with the Office of Research to address issues affecting campus support for research activities.
- Draft policy for research funding disclosures, including gifts/donations from IU Foundation.
- Engage with the proposals for centralization, consolidation, restructuring of research administration at IU/IUB/IUPUI. Liaise with the Task Force on Research Reorganization
- Continue to track federal and IU policies regarding disclosures required for collaborative international research (i.e., foreign influence in research).
- Support existing research programs through faculty-retention policies and practices.
- Continue pushing for visibility and equitable classification and benefits for NTT research faculty.
- Evaluate how to best support graduate student researchers.
- Boost visibility of undergraduate research opportunities and programs.
- Open lines of communication/collaboration with IUPUI and UFC RACs.
- Assert oversight and accountability role in all research topics (including administration) at IUB through true shared governance.
2022 - 2023 Members
Ben Kravitz, EAS
Sally Letsinger, Geography
Center for Survey Research
Research Analyst, Faculty and Academic Affairs
Laboratory Animal Resources
Interim Vice Provost for Research (Ex officio)