Electoral units are outlined in sections 5.5.A through C of the Constitution of the Bloomington Faculty and are as follows:
Unit 1 - College of Arts and Sciences (Divided into the following sub units):
Arts and Sciences "A"
Arts and Sciences "B"
- African American and African Diaspora Studies
- American Studies
- Art History
- Comparative Literature
- Folklore and Ethnomusicology
- History and Philosophy of Science
- Religious Studies
- Theatre, Drama and Contemporary Dance
Arts and Sciences "C"
- Classical Studies
- French and Italian
- Germanic Studies
- Slavic and East European Languages and Cultures
- Spanish and Portuguese
Arts and Sciences "D"
- Criminal Justice
- Second Language Studies
- Speech and Hearing Sciences
Arts and Sciences "E"
- Gender Studies
- Political Science
- Psychological and Brain Sciences
Arts and Sciences "F"
- Geological Sciences
- Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry
Arts and Sciences "G"
Arts and Sciences "H"
Arts and Sciences "I"
- School of Global and International Studies
Arts and Sciences "J"
Unit 2 - Kelley School of Business
Unit 3 - School of Education
Unit 4 - Nursing, Social Work and Medicine
Unit 5 - School of Informatics and Computing
Unit 6 - Maurer School of Law
Unit 7 - Libraries
Unit - 8 Jacobs School of Music
Unit 9 - School of Optometry
Unit 10 - School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Unit 11 - School of Public Health
Unit 99 - Non-tenure track faculty
- College of Arts and Sciences (4 seats)
- Kelley School of Business (2 seats)
- All other academic units on campus (2 seats)
- Clinical (3 seats)
- Research Scientists/Scholar (3 seats)
- Professor of Practice (1 seat)
Unit 100 - Emeriti