The Inclusive Excellence Award recognizes faculty who contribute to the continued enhancement of a diverse campus community in accord with IU Bloomington Faculty's Statement on Diversity. Research, creative activity, teaching, or service contributions are all eligible to be recognized through receipt of the award. Multiple awards will be made annually and will include stipends ranging from $1,500-$5,000 for each honoree.
Nominations will be accepted for faculty on the Bloomington campus. Nominations may be made by faculty, staff, and students, with self-nominations welcomed. Nominations must be accompanied by:
- The nominee's CV
- A self-nomination letter, an internal (IUB) letter of support, or an external letter of support
- At least one supporting document selected from
- instructional materials (e.g., course descriptions)
- data from impact measures such as the Digital Measures Activity Insight (DMAI) or related metrics
- evidence of completed or ongoing research, teaching, service, or creative activity.
Either the letter of support or self-nomination letter should explain the particular distinction that makes the nominee exceptionally qualified for this honor using at least one (1) of the following criteria:
- Efforts to increase diversity or improve the climate within one’s academic department, school, and/or the campus
- Efforts to use teaching, research, creative activity, or service to enhance the success of students and faculty of diverse identities and racial/ethnic backgrounds
- Mentoring of students and/or faculty to foster a commitment to diversity
- Sustained effort and demonstrated outcomes to bring about equity in our community or society as a whole
The nomination and letters of support may incorporate quotations from former and current students, mentees, faculty peers, and communities impacted by the nominee’s work.
The Bloomington Faculty Council’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee will review nominations and select the honoree(s) annually.
To submit a nomination, please collate all materials into one PDF document and upload no later than Friday, March 8, 2024 by 5pm. Please limit the self-nomination/letter of support and supporting document(s) to a total of 15 pages.