The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee develops policies related to campus diversity; responds to campus issues on affirmative action that may arise; monitors the performance of the campus in meeting affirmative action goals; confers with the campus affirmative action officer and the office of academic support and diversity on policy and performance issues; prepares an annual report to the BFC.
- Continue establishing relationships with campus DEI leaders and strategize about how to improve coordination between various DEI offices.
- Work with university and campus leadership to better understand the implications of the Supreme Court’s recent ruling in Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. President and Fellows of Harvard College (600 US ___) and consider whether any actions need to be taken by the Council, within the scope of its authority, to reaffirm and advance the faculty’s longstanding commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community on the IUB campus.
- Update the Executive Committee on the status of the work of the DEI Subcommittee on Critical Race Theory.
- Update the Executive Committee on the committee’s previous work discussion the possibility of developing a land acknowledgement statement and make a definitive recommendation to the BFC on how to proceed where this issue is concerned.
- Oversee yearly Inclusive Excellence Award selection and settle on appropriate means of recognizing the recipients of the those awards.
Erin Wyatt, Nursing
Julie Hardesty, Libraries
Middle Eastern Languages & Cultures
IU Student Government Representative
|Je Ni (Jenny) Koo|
Associate Vice President for Strategy and Innovation and Associate Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusion (Ex offico)